[PD] Pd sounds better than Max?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:59:31 CET 2008

Most Pd objects (externals) use t_sample to define what gets passed to input
and output.  At compilation time, the externals code includes m_pd.h, which
defines t_sample as a float.  Which makes sense on 32-bit processors--Pd for
64-bit processors could potentially redefine t_sample as a double, with no
loss in performance (with nearly twice as much memory usage).

I am aware that there are some other problems involved with making Pd
accessible as either 32-bit or 64-bit resolution, but I'm not so deep into
the source code to tell you what they all are.

Chuck