[PD] Pd sounds better than Max?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 9 22:50:52 CET 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 21:05 +0100, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Pd could have better oscillators even with 32bit, by using better
> interpolation/extrapolation algorithms.

yo.. would be interesting to hear (for non-dsp experts as me), _what_
could be improved, respectively _what_ is _not_ optimal in pd. could you
(or someone else) elaborate that a bit? are you saying, that [osc~] is
not generating a clean sine wave? what would you expect from a [phasor~]
differently from what it currently does? what kind of algorithms are you
talking about? what are they supposed to improve?

roman