[PD] Pd sounds better than Max?

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 12:45:13 CET 2008

> i would assume, that you _are_ triggering a hardware issue. your
> description sounds like your hardware is running with 16 bit depth. at
> some point 32float values are converted to the resolution of the
> hardware. in case your hardware really is running only 16bit, then it is
> very likely that you hear some artefacts on those very low levels. what
> you hear then is the quantization error, which is quite perceivable at
> 16bit,

Oh yes of course!!!!! :$:$
You're definitely right.

With so much talk about float precision in the cpu and interpolation
and stuff, I forgot about the final quantization of the soundcard :$:$

I didn't know it was _that_ audible at 16 bit however.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com