[PD] call for mentors for Google Summer of Code

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 11 14:51:54 CET 2008

Hey,

We need mentors for the Google Summer of Code!  We've had some
volunteers, more would be better.  As a mentor, first off, you will
be reviewing the submitted projects, ranking them, and ultimately
choosing which ones get funded.  Then if you have a student project
assigned to you, you will help them complete the project by answering
questions, offering advice, etc.

You do not need to be a core developer to be a mentor, you just need
to have a specific expertise in Pd things.  You get to directly help
students scratch "itches" that have been bugging you for a long time.
Especially if they're itches that are really fun or would have a
powerful impact. Plus you get that "feel good" feeling from helping
out someone else. You will be directly involved in fostering the
"next generation" of Pd developers.

What I need now are Gmail email accounts from anyone who might want
to be a mentor.  (It's google, so it MUST be a gmail account :
(  Please send them to me now, since the deadline is tomorrow. :)

----

                   ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!