[PD] Google Summer of Code application is in!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 12 19:21:05 CET 2008

For Pure Data, the informal requirement to be a mentor is that you
should be well known on the lists, the forums, the IRC, or some other
Pd community.  It would good to also include people who are involved
but not necessarily on the main English online communities.  Do you
have an interest in being a mentor?

Here's what I wrote in the app:

The mentors were chosen because they all have been informal mentors
within the Pd community, and have a proven record of success in that
regard. Additionally, here are some other criteria for choosing mentors:

     * active community member for at least 2-3 years
     * strong knowledge in at least one area of Pd
     * demonstrated willingness to help others on mailing list,
forums, IRC
     * regularly shares code and creates examples for others to learn
from

.hc