[PD] Google Summer of Code application is in!

olme ol at ogeem.be
Wed Mar 12 22:16:52 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> For Pure Data, the informal requirement to be a mentor is that you
> should be well known on the lists, the forums, the IRC, or some other
> Pd community.  It would good to also include people who are involved
> but not necessarily on the main English online communities.  Do you
> have an interest in being a mentor?

I could see some improvements I would love to see (like uv map support
for .obj [model] ) , but I don't have neither the experience/reknown of
somebody active in the community for years (although I know and use pd
for 3/4 years now on specific projects) nor having dev. specific
knowledge of internals pd mechanics ... (although I do have some
experience of lead artist in dev. of other specific app. like
http://www.woaw.biz - nothing to do with pd -  and recent support of the
video plugin for blender...).
I cannot say "success" in any pd dev mentoring experience... and reading
these, I don't feel confident in taking such responsability (again sorry
for asking stupid questions).

So it's quite off the basic requirements .... maybe next years if these
ones are prolifics for me :)

thanks for all the work you do into this,
hope other developpers and students will add to these summer
developments, I wish you all the best,

regards,

Olm-e