[PD] A Few GSoC Project Ideas

Greg Surges surgesg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 02:24:33 CET 2008

Hi,

As a student who is *very* interested in taking part in the PD project under
Google Summer of Code, I thought I'd throw a few ideas out and
see what other people thought of them.

These are all things I'd be interested in pursuing.

1. A set of externals designed for real-time, high-level analysis of control
data. This could include things like histograms, rhythm analysis,
rate-limiting and data-filtering objects, all
designed for use on a constant stream of input.

2. A set of externals designed to make string assembly and parsing much
easier, particularly geared towards the creation of OSC messages.

3. Finally, a set of band-limited oscillators, to allow for spectrally rich
waveforms without aliasing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone,

Greg