[PD] A Few GSoC Project Ideas

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 13 10:03:46 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 20:24 -0500, Greg Surges wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a student who is *very* interested in taking part in the PD project
> under Google Summer of Code, I thought I'd throw a few ideas out and
> see what other people thought of them.

[...]

> 3. Finally, a set of band-limited oscillators, to allow for spectrally
> rich waveforms without aliasing.

there are already some externals for band-limited oscillators around.
search the svn repository for blosc. there is [sqosc~] from mrpeach,
which is a bandlimited pulse generrator and there is also a small set of
absrtactions in pdmtl:

[synth.osc.saw.bl~] 		bandlimited saw
[synth.osc.square.bl~]		bandlimited square
[synth.osc.triangle.bl~]        bandlimited triangle

(this last set is built almost purely with internals. they use the tof
external [destroysend]. they will work even without it, as long as you
don't delete one of those abstractinos.)

roman