[PD] [almost OT] need suggestions for an implementation

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 13 11:05:02 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 10:49 +0100, matteo sisti sette wrote:

> I think it's a pity that PD Vanilla doesn't include [symbol2list] or
> any objects capable of "breaking" symbols a little bit (with which one
> could build a symbol2list abstraction and maybe more), since it does
> give the possibility to join symbols.

you're speaking from my heard, dude. [symbol2list] or any other
mechanism to split symbols is on the top of my 'most wanted internals'
list. i tried to bring that up at pd-conv07, but i wasn't good at all in
explaining and unfortunately rather caused confusion than making my
point clear. but yeah, i think you are very right: since it is possible
to join symbols, not being able to split them is an obvious lack.

roman