[PD] Clocks and [pipe] in Lua

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 13 14:47:31 CET 2008

Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Error checking was deliberately left out. ;) In the end I'd like to
>> have the delay time up front to be able to use qlist-ish messages like:
>> "0 a b c, 1000 x y z, 300 bang".
>
> Ok, makes sense.  However, what should be output for:
>
> "0 123"     -> "float 123" or "list 123" ?

aren't they synomymous by now?

> "0 1 2 3"   -> "list 1 2 3" ?

obvious.

> "0"         -> "bang" or "list" ?

aren't they synonymous by now?
(i know your bugreport)

 > "0 a b c"   -> "a b c" or "list a b c" ?

this one is the hardest.
personally i would vote for "list a b c".
according to [route] it would be "a b c".

however, you could just circumvent this by leaving the entire message
intact ("0 123" stays "list 0 123") and let the user decide :-)

fgamsdr
IOhannes