[PD] A Few GSoC Project Ideas

Greg Surges surgesg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:01:02 CET 2008

Andy, Hans-Christoph, and everyone else,

I've created wikis for the analysis and blosc ideas. I think a major
advantage for the
analysis library would come from issues of speed. When I've done PD code
that does a simple sort on an array (used for a histogram), it takes an
incredibly long time - long enough to interfere with other real-time
processes. It seems to me, and maybe I'm incorrect, that writing externals
in C would prove to be much faster and more efficient.

As far as the band-limited oscillators, the externals/abstractions that I've
found have been problematic or not worked at all. That really seems like
something that should be fixed.

Thanks guys,

-Greg

--