[PD] UV map - was : Google Summer of Code application is in!

olme ol at ogeem.be
Fri Mar 14 23:24:31 CET 2008

beau wrote:
>>  spherical mapping. I also don't know whether multiple materials are
>>  supported or if you can draw groups individually, and how the material
>>  is attached to different groups.
>>
> with obj file format you only get one uv map and 1 texture per object_mesh
>
> Not supporting uv maps is a big set back for gem. Does Jitter support uv maps?

yes it seems that jitter support uvmap... this discution is similar to
my concern now with gem ... :
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=127581&rid=0&S=8938c8fd9e9a53191718a677686a3244

>>  meshes with textures and animation exporting to ogre (and jitter), and
>>

> This would be a great summer of code project to work on. I might even
> be interested if some one would give me some points on how to go about
> fixing this?

would be great !

I have looked at the code earlier and I think that the
"model_loader.cpp" file is parsing the .obj file for texture coordinate
(vt lines), but it seems that the "model.cpp" do not make a call to
these datas, only permit the choice between linear or spherical
coordinate ...

can't say more, I'm not coder, just a lame artist fiddling with
applications ... :)

Olm-e