[PD] camera and wifi for a photo installation

t'es in t'es bat tesintesbat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 16:51:14 CET 2008

Hello,

probably you could get a bit more specific about what exactly you're
trying to do instead of posting the same post twice (?)

Sorry for the 2 post but i don't receive my message from the list and i
think it was lost somewhere...

> there are externals to process video and images 'live and direct'. have
> a look at Gem[1], Gridflow[2] and pdp/pidip[3].
>
> [1] http://gem.puredata.info/
>     Gem is included in the pd-extended releases

I don't really know GEM but i think i'll be forced to enter in it; which
object can manage jpeg picture and how can i get the picture from the cam
???

[2] http://www.gridflow.ca/
>     is not included in pd-extended

I succed to install it but it's a world and i don't really work with it

[3] http://zwizwa.be/pd/pdp/
>     is included in pd-extended, but afaik not developped anymore.

I work a lot with pidip and pdp but there is pb with the static picture in
jpeg. it don't work on mac
i don't try it on ubuntu

for the network part:

> probably it would be better to let a little script do the job of getting
> the pictures from the cams to the local file system. it could download a
> picture in a certain intervall. once it the image is local you could
> constantly read the image with appropriate object of the library of your
> choice.

Do you know a tuto to make that kind of stuff ????

Thanks

--
TNTB
t'es in t'es bat