[PD] msd change mass of mass

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 19:49:52 CET 2008

thanks, cyrille, I did not know unpack~. also using "until" to loop 64
times at once (in the same logical time) is much easier coding. and
since one vector of 64 samples is always seen as one unit, this should
not make a difference in cpu load distribution.
did you experience a performance difference between the unpack~ and the
tabplay~ solution?
marius.

cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
> sorry, i don't have time, i'm not at home.
> so it's a short answer.
>
> I try 2 other way to use msd as an audio generator.
> it's not very efficient either.
>
> i think it should not be very difficult to make a msd~ external. anyway,
> for this aplication, pmpd~ external should be easier to use.
>
> there is no message to change the mass in msd, because equations are
> linear. i.e mass=1, K=0.1, D=0.1, F=0.1 is the same than mass=10,
> K=1,D=1,F=1:
>
> ++
> marius schebella a écrit :
>> one more.
>> not at all cpu-friendly but a real msd.
>> m.
>>
>> Andy Farnell wrote:
>>>

>>> You're a hero Chuck. This tallys well with the equations in Perrys book.
>>> What I was missing is the step where you get the transfer function.
>>>

>>> I made (attached) a little test rig. What isn't looking right is the
>>> underdamped
>>> behaviour. I was expecting to see a decaying oscillation around the top