[PD] Box Muller Gaussian noise

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 16 21:54:29 CET 2008

Here's a histogram generator (binner) that shows the distribution of
[gaussianoise]. Using it I can quickly see that [gaussianoise2] is too
peaked around zero and that [gaussianoise3] chops the tails off when the
scale is low.
If you have uniformly distributed raindrops falling, any given area will
receive a number of raindrops that clusters about the mean in a normal
distribution, just as if you first bin the number of occurrences of each
value of white noise, then bin the resulting counts, the histogram of
the counts will look like a bell curve centered at the mean count.

Martin