[PD] camera and wifi for a photo installation

el jay fotorebelion at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 23:10:22 CET 2008

what kind of camera is this?... do you already have one? or are open to
sugestions..
 i helped do something simlar to this last month during ARCO,   we used two
alexis IP cameras.. the proper camera generates video and images accesable
through its  ip...
 you can place the two cameras on a wifi router.. (ie cam1: 192.168.1.30cam2:
192.168.1.30)
and using some funcions like mencoder or wget you can tell your computer to
retrive images every Xseconds /minutes.. (unless you just want the picture
once)
 then  the images can be sent to diferent directories.  from there PD can
load this images..
and have two seprate channels of images working at the same time!

 just a suggestion..
-j