[PD] Box Muller Gaussian noise

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 00:57:44 CET 2008

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:11:50 -0500
"Charles Henry" <czhenry at gmail.com> wrote:

> My interest in making an impulse train is to make the impulses, which
> will have subtle deviations about a central frequency, and process
> them through a filter (formant).

Would be useful. It's certainly common, saw this recently looking at engines.
A petrol engine is timed by the spark, but the sputter you get with a desiel
engine seems to come from the ignition being a thermodynamic property of
the compression, sometimes its a bit early or late in the cycle, but the
chance of being very early or late falls off rapidly around a point.

--
Use the source