[PD] rradical hierarchy

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Mar 17 09:13:59 CET 2008

Hallo,
Phil Stone hat gesagt: // Phil Stone wrote:

> As I understand it, rradical builds up a tree of directories created by
> individual [originator directoryName $0] objects.  Within each of these
> directories, one can have an arbitrary number of one-level-down
> directories (for instance, in my case I use a preset number to access
> the subdirectory).
>
> The hierarchy ends up looking something like this (the number in the
> second column is the preset):
>
> /final_filter 0 , /enable , 1
> /final_filter 0 , /freq , 0.543263
> /final_filter 0 , /qfactor , 0.31746
> /final_filter 1 , /enable , 1
> /final_filter 1 , /freq , 0.929158
> /final_filter 1 , /qfactor , 0.509524
> /lfo_filter 0 , /enable ,1
> /lfo_filter 0 , /wave ,sine
> /lfo_filter 0 , /freq ,100
> /lfo_filter 1 , /enable ,0
> /lfo_filter 1 , /wave ,sine
> /lfo_filter 1 , /freq ,0
> .
> .
> other parameters
>
> As you can see, it's organized by originator-name, then preset number,
> then the key/value pair.  This makes it very difficult to access presets
> as units for copy, pasting, etc.  For these purposes, the ideal
> organization would be something like:
>
> (preset number) / (originator) / (key/value pair)
>
> One could then easily edit a preset as a logical unit.  The current
> configuration makes it easy to edit all of one type of parameter across
> all presets, but this seems much less useful than the converse.

There is a little modification of [originator] by Luke, which is
pending to be included in the official Memento and which implements
saving and restoring presets for each [originator] separately. Luke
also made his modification available somewhere in SVN, I don't
remember the name currently, I guess something like "semento". As soon
as I've catched up all the loose ends after LAC2008, I'll include it.

Ciao