[PD] rradical hierarchy

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 17 22:23:49 CET 2008

Luke,

Could you clarify this?  I looked through controctopus/semento, as you
uploaded it last month, to see if it had re-structured the hierarchy to
make substates more editable, but I'm having a little difficulty
figuring it out (do you have any relatively simple working examples?)

I find that powerful and complex PD systems such as memento/rradical are
very difficult to understand without a little more documentation.  When
I try to follow what's going on inside of [originator] (both in original
memento and in semento), I rapidly get lost.  I'm not a total newbie
when it comes to reading and understanding PD code, but stuff like this
really needs a few more comments, I think!  :-)  Please don't get me
wrong, I'm extremely grateful for the work that has gone into this
amazing code; I'm just having trouble working with it in any but a very
superficial way.  I think memento (and possibly semento) go a long way
to solving the problem of state-saving in PD -- I'd like to see them
more widely used, too.

Phil