[PD] send~/receive~ and throw~/catch~ pairs in reblocked patches

Spencer Russell spencer.f.russell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:26:22 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 17:17 +0900, hard off wrote:
> oops, sorry for double reply spencer..forgot to send this mail to the
> list.

no problem. I get the digest, so this sped up the process, anyways! :)

> the [send~] & [receive~] objects only work for default block size.

hmm, the block~ documentation only seems to say that the blocking must
be the same if you're send~ing across subpatches, which I assumed meant
that sending within a reblocked subpatch would be OK. Is there a
technical reason for this limitation?

> you can create a table the same size as your new blocksize, and use
> [tabsend~] / [tabreceive~], although i think that might bring in a one
> block delay, which might not be what you want.

I could also use a delwrite~ and a delread~, which shouldn't introduce a
delay if I force dsp calculation order using other subpatches. Just a
little less clean.

thanks!
-spencer