[PD] rradical hierarchy

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:47:01 CET 2008

So I read my helpfile for Polaroid and it brought back a good rush of
memories : ).  I realized it might be a bit confusing, as within
Polaroid I describe a structure I created for my own use which may or
may not be the way people would like to use Polaroid.

Basically the original presentation of RRADical is organized so that
Polaroid can be used to copy/paste or save/load settings  from one
instance of a module to another.  So it is like a big Moog Modular,
where the settings of one 901 oscillator can be copied to a second 901
oscillator, or a 911 envelope to second 911 envelope.  And then, to
save the whole rack of modules at once, you use [careGUI].

What I describe is a bit different; what I wanted was more like
combining 3 oscillators and a filter to get a Minimoog, and then using
Polaroid to copy the settings of all 4 modules to a second Minimoog,
or using [careGUI] to save both of them at once.

So, I'm working on examples for both of those arrangements, and now
I'm back to thinking about how to get a hybrid of those so one could
also copy Minimoog/1/Oscillator/1 to Minimoog/1/Oscillator/2 because
I'm sure I'll want to do that eventually too.

I haven't gotten to thinking about Memento's preset system yet (I tend
to just use preset 0 and the filesystem).

Cheers
Luke