[PD] Alternate Controllers

nils nils at c60.ca
Tue Mar 18 20:17:04 CET 2008

I've been playing with the arduino lots and it makes it really easy to
build your own controllers from whatever, light sensors, old joysticks,
wiichucks. And it's cheap =).  The wiimote-wiichuck combo seems to have
some real potential since you can control the equivalent of 10 knobs and
4 buttons with two hands.  If you're looking for midi controllers, I'm
fond of doepfer, I bought a few pocket control's (16 knobs) 5 years ago
and they really can take a beating, they also have a fader version and a
rotary version now too, and I believe they sell you just the logic board
on it's own for you to wire whatever sort of electrical device to.  The
monome devices also look pretty entertaining.

Nils