[PD] Alternate Controllers

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:50:20 CET 2008

Thanks, everyone. And thanks, Nils, for the link to Doepfer, one of the
ideas that I had for building a controller is pretty much already up there.
I am also working on another project in building a hammer dulcimer, so I
think this PD controller project is going to be in the planning stages for a
few months at least.

But the ideas that I have are to create a bank of sliders, where each slider
controls one of the granular synth parameters. One thing that I want to be
able to do would be to store "presents" that would allow for the quick
changing of all the sliders at once. I had also thought about the idea of
creating a small set of sliders that could be used to control different
parameters, with the setting of a switch, but that might be difficult to
deal with, as the values currently stored in those parameters may "jump"
when a controller is switched over and the slider produces a discontinuous
level.

I guess I just need to see other peoples controllers in action.

Thanks again,

Mike