[PD] GSoC Organization App 2008 wiki page

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 21:56:10 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 15:08 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2008, at 4:30 AM, Georg Holzmann wrote:
>
> > Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:
> >> I think they want to see more polish on the app.  I had a brief
> >> conversation with the administrator of GSoC, Leslie Hawthorn:
> >
> > Hm, I don't know ...
> > We had really many ideas on the page and described in many details
> > (at least the most of them) - much more than last year.
> > Also the other organizations I was looking through did have much
> > less ideas without a detailed description ...
> >
> > However, of course it can be better for the next time ;)
>

> I think they wanted to see the whole page look polished.  We had a
> lot of ideas, some polished, and some just jotted down.

Well at least the list is there now. Pity about the application, I was
looking forward to it :-(

Anyhow - had I known about the ideas needing more fleshing out I would
have been happy to do so. Here's to next year's app with more flesh on
the bones!

BTW, I also wonder if we would have a better chance if we had some kind
of already established 'Foundation' - I see this word popping up a lot
on the participating organisations page. I know Pd enjoys its
de-centralised status, but having some kind of semi-formal 'Foundation'
seems to help with things like funding applications. What do you think?

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk