[PD] Alternate Controllers

Daniel Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 23:17:26 CET 2008

Try hacking some gamepads ... its cheap and easy.  Try [hid].

My project, robotcowboy, <http://www.robotcowboy.com/> makes use of hacked
gamepads and a custom joy -> OSC daemon in Linux.  I'm getting ready
to release it soon, so if you use Linux you could try that.

For instance, I cut a gamepad up and wrapped it around my old trumpet.
 pic1<http://www.robotcowboy.com/dump/P1070845.jpg>,
pic2 <http://www.robotcowboy.com/dump/P1070846.jpg>, a short pd session with
it <http://www.robotcowboy.com/dump/1-5-2008_21-30-1_Bleet.mp3>

There's lots of cool stuff you can for cheap.  Also, old console gamepads
(psx, ps2, gamecube) are readily available and all you need is a usb
converter.  I've found aftermarket playstation controllers the perfect
hackables.

--
Dan Wilcox
danomatika