[PD] Alternate Controllers

James Rojsirivat astroboy2520 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 20 14:56:19 CET 2008

An easy controller you can make is a Power Glove like kind of thing. When I studied with Laetitia Sonami at the San Francisco Art Institute back in the late 90's, she was using her Lady Glove. It was (and is) essentially a glove with small trigger buttons, bend sensors, and tilt sensors. And if I remember correctly, I think she said IRCAM helped her develop the current version she's using. I may be wrong. I haven't seen Laetita in several years. But you can easily run all of those sensors through an Arduino and into PD. Of course if you ever decide to implement something like that, you would definitely be making a reference to Laetitia's work.

James

astroboy2520
Visit my blogs: http://triphop-universe.blogspot.com
              http://videokilledtheradiostar.vox.com