[PD] HID: Am I doing this right?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:02:14 CET 2008

Hans (or anyone),
After reading several comments on the Alternate Controller thread, I figured
that I would try to use the [hid] stuff... but, as the stuff in the Extended
(most recent nightly build) is kind of broken. While the [hid] object is,
itself, in the 'extra' directory, everything else is in a subfolder called
'hid'. So, in trying to use the [keyboard] help patch, it comes up with
[keyboard] as not being found, so I rename that object to [hid/keyboard],
and it creates the object.

So, it would appear that I can create an object in my patches, but I can't
seem to quite figure out how to get stuff out of the [keyboard] abstraction.
I opened the help patch (and after renaming the object), I start it polling,
and don't seem to get anything.

I am running a Mac OS X PPC 10.4.11 system, if that is important...

I would like to try to set up a keyboard layout that allows me to use
specific keys to select a particular parameter to control, and then be able
to change that value either by moving the mouse, or by using (possibly) the
arrow (up/down) to change the value.

Mike

--
Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.