[PD] Alternate Controllers

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Mar 21 06:45:06 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 05:43:03PM -0500, Mike McGonagle wrote:
> Hello all,
> Over the past few weeks, I have been looking at building a controller for
> myself, but was curious what other sorts of things others are doing with
> alternate controllers. What controllers are you using? How are you using
> them to control your programs? Has anyone considered putting together an
> "Alternate Controllers for PD" page?

Hi,

An alternate controllers page sounds awesome. Someone should get that
happening on the Pure Data portal.

I wrote some software for the Nintendo DS which allows you to create
dynamic interfaces on the DS touch screen and they talk back to your
Pure Data patches in real time. It's pretty fun and a super-cheap way of
getting lemur[1] style control over your patches. It talks to your patches
over wifi and uses the FUDI protocol. There is also a ROM (FUDIKaosDS)
which emulates a Kaos pad style interface on your DS. You can download
them both here:

<http://mccormick.cx/projects/KnobsAndSlidersDS/>

Have fun!

Best,