[PD] I'm stuck in a corner, please help! RE: [delta~] object

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Mar 21 11:53:15 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 23:40 +0000, Andy Farnell wrote:
>  You cannot obtain a single sample delay
> using [delwrite~] as far as I know, if you can it certainly means [samplerate~] must
> be added to all patches to make sure they run at different sr, which is mucho annoying.

yo.. it _is_ possible to use [delwrite~] and [delread~] to achieve
exactly one sample delay. actually i don't follow your argument, that
having to use a [samplerate~] to convert one sample length into ms
should be such a problem. why not just making your own [z~] abstraction
and use that inside your patches? i don't think, that it would make your
examples less readable (except you want to generally avoid having to use
abstractions).

though, i agree, that [z~] would be 'primitive enough' to have it
included into pd-vanilla.

roman