[PD] pix_yuv get blue spots with pix_buffer

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 21 14:44:52 CET 2008

First, I'd say it is worth it to try upgrading to Pd-0.39.3-extended
to see if that fixes your problems:

http://puredata.info/downloads

.hc

On Mar 20, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Peter Forde wrote:

> I'm using PD 0.38.4 on windows XP.
>
> I am storing a large amount of images in pix_buffer from a camera
> input. When I keep them in rgba the computer will not cope with it
> all and crashes so YUV seems to be the best solution and it works.
> Unfotunately when I change it to yuv through [pix_yuv] or
> [colorspace yuv( I get lots of blue dots where it is dark.
> Does anyone know how this might be happening.and what might solve it.
> I saw in other threads there could be problems with the codecs but
> since I am using pix_buffer there should not be a codec.
> Any idea?
> Thanks
>
> Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You
> IM, we give. Learn more.

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler