[PD] I'm stuck in a corner, please help! RE: [delta~] object

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 22:11:42 CET 2008

I've put an example here so you can hear that they are not the same

These differences are important.

[rzero~] and [delwrite~] methods come out louder
and with apparently less dynamics. Using [z~] and [fexpr~]
I get much closer results to [delta~], more detail in
the poured water sound.

As I said I needed an _EXACT_ replacement for [delta~] for
other patches too, which are much more sensitive to the
differences. (so this is all about how it behaves in practice
not in theory :)

I'm really not sure why this happens. Suppose I should hook
them up to a graph and read sample by sample to see what's
really going on. But, it doesn't help me because without
changing the source the fact is

[delta~] is the same as [z~]
[z~] is as good as [fexpr~]
[rzero~ 1] and [delwrite~] are not the same

Unless... If you hear no difference it could be an architecture
thing... Tell me what machines you're running on, I wonder if that
has anything to do with it?

cheers,

Andy