[PD] I'm stuck in a corner, please help! RE: [delta~] object

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:35:28 CET 2008

I have to say that the problem is not that the delread~ was created
after the delwrite~, but that the delwrite~ was created after the
line~... as soon as delwrite~ is created after line~ it already *writes*
(!) with a delay of one sampleblock. it might be true that delread is
working correctly in relation to delwrite (which means it is also one
sampleblock delayed), but actually both of them are delayed.
the solution with subpatches only helps, if they are connected with a
signal inlet~/outlet~. see attached patch. (see also the additional
questions in the patch - what happens if you create a feedback with
subpatches, are we then back to "order of creation"??)

delwrite~ and delread~ can produce a big mess. maybe there is a better
way to "sort" delaylines?
I think it is a bug that delwrite~ can be one vector late. and I also
think it is also a bug that delread~ can be one vector behind the
correlating delwrite~. otoh, I have no solution what to do with signal
feedback loops then. maybe delread~ should accept a sorting message? can
Pd reorder the signal chain at all?? actually I see no way to bring the
for humans obvious logic into the pd signal chain...

marius.