[PD] Fwd: Wii remote controller and Mac OS X

Andrew Turley aturley at acm.org
Sat Mar 22 19:16:06 CET 2008

I meant to send this to the group ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Turley <aturley at acm.org>
Date: Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [PD] Wii remote controller and Mac OS X
To: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>

Hrmm ... well I just hooked up my regular SIXAXIS controller (not the
 GH controller), and I'm not getting the XYZ data either. Sorry about
 that, I assumed it would work the same way.

 And the GH controller is USB, not bluetooth. It is wireless, but they
 use their own communication protocol, not bluetooth. I'm not sure why
 they did that. My only guess is that it saved battery life, or shaved
 $0.50 off the price of the controller.

 andy