[PD] request for ideas for a simple noisy unpitched synth

nicholas ward nicholas.ward at cs.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 25 16:02:32 CET 2008

Hi,
Apologies if this arrives twice. Im having email troubles today. I
just wanted to ask if perhaps anyone might have a patch or a few
starting ideas. I need a synth that will be controlled from just one
slider. It must generate varying non pitched noisy sound in response
to the position and velocity of the slider. I guess velocity might
control the amplitude and position some part of the timbre. My
initial thoughts were on something like a virtual rake in some gravel
or brushing. Anything will do really as long as it is quite dynamic
but without a sense of pitch. Im just getting started on it now but
thought I'd ask in case anyone has a noisy patch they might like to
fire my way or some approaches.
Thanks
Nicky