[PD] call for old PC100/PC133 RAM donations

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 25 23:19:16 CET 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:08 PM, errordeveloper at gmail.com wrote:
> hi Hans and the list,
>
> first i have thought that i could actually send a couple of pc133
> sticks
> over, but here is only a few and in fact i think i'd rather help up
> with
> 64ish thing ..
> i do have machine runnig gentoo on 64-bit athlon, but it actually
> has pd
> built manualy with each update and not too many externals to it ..
> but i
> think i could set up a weekly cron job or something to actually
> build a
> pd binary, may be not all the externals.. but the vanilla source
> for sure :)
>
> the only thing is that i've said that pd is build manualy each time
> over
> here ..i'm not too sure, i wasn't too interested to try and build the
> whole set of externals with it ..may be we still could do something
> for
> just the sake of making binaries for other people ..

Both vanilla and extended auto-builds are completely scripted.  I
think the 64-bit issues in pd are pretty much worked out.  What needs
to happen now is to find all of the 64-bit issues with the
externals.  So having a extended build would be a lot more helpful.

> as i'm gentoo based, it's slitghtly different, but still could do ..
> i had always considered  to write a couple of ebuilds and emerge pd
> just a s normal, but i didn't actyually learn to write them propertly
> yet .. but i reckon i can sort that out really ;)

Federico has done one:

http://pd-overlay.sourceforge.net/

It would also be useful to have a gentoo nightly build to work out
any issues with gentoo, and document its dependencies.  There is a
wiki page too:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Members/nanodust/pd-extended-gentoo

(this should be moved to http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Gentoo
IMHO)