[PD] Associative list

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 26 17:13:08 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 16:40 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > yo, sorry to drop in. let me just add a little note about the state
> > saving of netpd: it turned out, that it was a mistake to cover both
> > tasks, collecting/setting states and reading/writing data from/to files,
> > in the same system. some people got frustrated, because this system
> > didn't allow them to save their presets in the way/format they wanted.
> > we decided to redo all the state saving stuff and just skip file IO
> > handling part, so that people can choose themselves, what they are going
> > to do with this data. for flexibility's sake, i think the route that
> > SSSAD is following totally makes sense, at least in my opinion.
> >

> Interesting. I shall have another look at netpd's state handling again,
> maybe we can unify our approaches.

those are actually only plans and most likely not going to be
implemented until i will have finished school (next summer), except if
someone else wants to do the work, of course. please don't look at it
right now ;-).
unifying approaches is definitely a good idea. i will certainly have a
closer look at SSSAD, before i start. i think, an important advantage of
unifying approaches is that backends could be used for both systems.

roman