[PD] pdmtl [sample.play~]

Daniel Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 06:34:08 CET 2008

I'm using the pdmtl [sample.play~] within a wrapper in my patch library.

On using it with drum samples, I get distortion if triggered rapidly ...
which is a bit annoying.
Think of the kick drum farting out on a crappy sub.

I've noted this with the example samples that come with pdmtl as well.  Am I
getting this because
it's assumed that I should be using [mix.out_~] which does some buffering?
I need as close to
realtime as possible and I don't run a gui, so I don't use it.

The fault may just be with my samples and I could go and edit them ... but I
have so many it would be
a real pain.

Oh well, I'm sure there will end up being some reason for me to implement my
own sample player :P (hopefully not)

--
Dan Wilcox
danomatika