[PD] [PD-announce] cheap AVR/HID sensor board

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Mar 27 21:10:33 CET 2008

[hid] can only do two output messages on Mac OS X.

In May and June, I have two residencies (STEIM and Hangar) to work
specifically on this stuff.  Olaf Matthes and Dan Overholt will be
with me at STEIM, so we should be able to finally iron out [hidio]
with full input/output support.

.hc

On Mar 27, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Derek Holzer wrote:
> Ah! Forgot about that one!
>
> Can [hid] do forcefeedback out?
>
> d.
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> [hidin] is included on Pd-0.39.3-extended/Windows, it should work.
>> .hc
>> On Mar 27, 2008, at 5:47 AM, Derek Holzer wrote:
>>> Hi Mika,
>>>
>>> It was tested on all three. [hid] works on OS X and Linux.
>>> Windows users
>>> have [pd_joystick], which isn't quite as functional but should do
>>> the job:
>>>
>>> http://crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pd/
>>>
>>> HC, this doesn't seem to be in the Windows Extended installers...why
>>> not? Or did I miss it?
>>>
>>> Also, on the flightsim page that Martin borrowed much of this from,
>>> there are instructions for programming the ATMega from Windows as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> best,
>>> d.

>>> --
>>> derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/
>>> macumbista
>>> ---Oblique Strategy # 14:
>>> "Ask people to work against their better judgement"

>> ------- You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and
>> if you can hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie
>
> --
> derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/
> macumbista
> ---Oblique Strategy # 143:
> "Simple subtraction"

----

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.