[PD] FUDIKaosDS

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Fri Mar 28 05:22:19 CET 2008

Hello dafydd,

DLDI is a wrapper library to compensate for the different ways each DS
cartridge (such as R4 and other hardware of the same purpose) accesses
external files stored from within the .nds application.
i.e., "Nitrotracker" (which I imagine you have tried already) needs the
DLDI patch applied to the .nds file in order to load&store samples from
the SD card. I believe DLDIDrop automates this patching as you transfer
the .nds file to memory. In other words, if the .nds file you plan to
use does not rely on the DLDI library, you can simply copy the file and
it should work fine.

Unless I recall incorrectly, FUDIKaosDS does not rely on the DLDI
library as it does not access any external file.

To be honest, I have not tried "Knobs & Sliders" yet, only FUDIKasoDS.
Maybe these two binaries were built at different timings, or then again,
it may just have been me missing something.

I haven't updated my R4 in a while. If it is of interest to anyone,
maybe I can give Chris's binaries another try and apologize for causing
all the noise if necessary.

--
David Shimamoto