[PD] Connecting the UC-33 and pd

tim info at timvets.net
Sun Mar 30 18:50:57 CEST 2008

Javier Garcia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I want to control my pd patches with my UC-33 midi controller, i
> must do these steps:
>
> Open pd
> Media > ALSA MIDI
> Open ALSA Sequencer
> Connect UC33 with pd
>
> Are four steps, not too much... but, Im wondering if there is any to
> reduce them. You know, I would like to open pd and have the UC-33 and
> pd connected without going to Media>ALSA midi and then going to the
> ALSA Sequencer.

Hi Javier,

What I do is make a little shell script to make the connection.
the command for connecting my uc33 to pd is something like:
aconnect 128:0 24:0
To see the connections you have just do : aconnect -lio.
Add the startup option -alsamidi in .pdsettings or .pdrc to start pd
with alsa midi.
To be on the safe side, I put a few seconds delay between starting pd
and connecting the alsa midi ports.

hope this helps,
Tim