[PD] Best PD+OS/Hardware combinations for low audio latency?

Joe Newlin jtnewlin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:06:23 CEST 2008

Thanks for all the replies.

So far, in Windows: I tried setting the priority to Realtime in the
Task Manager and setting the buffer size to "smaller" in the Control
Panel settings for the Edirol soundcard, but could only get the
"delay" in PD's audio settings down to 40 ms. Anything below that
destroys the sound (in a bad way). And that's just for pure computer
music, without even attempting to process a signal from the adc~.

I'll try the linux suggestions next...

JN