[PD] pd extended on windows with no installer

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:30:12 CEST 2008

hi

I am going to teach a short intro to PD at a uni where it is really
difficult to get permission to install applications on the computers.

is there a way to have pd extended to fully work on a windows machine
without running the installer? I need it to load the externals on
startup, this is important.

I tried copying it from my machine but it does not load the externals i
need and i cannot introduce them manually into the startup because i
dont have permissions to mess with the registry. I could run PD from a
bat file but i dont like this solution, the windows console pops up and
experience tells me this is scary for this students.

is there any simple solution to this?

thanks!

enrike