[PD] PD and new ASUS and Everex mini laptops: experiences?

Kevin McCoy km.takewithyou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 22:31:37 CEST 2008

Yo!

Pd runs great on the eeePc.  Particularly if you are doing sample
based things; the cpu is not fast enough to do much synthesis or other
expensive stuff at once but I did get some phase vocoding going on it
with very few hiccups.  As always, rt kernel helps a lot and with jack
running, the built in audio is pretty decent.

peas,
km

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Georg Holzmann <grh at mur.at> wrote:
> Hallo!
>
>  I will also get one next week (they are sold out here ATM) and will
>  definitely make some pd experiments on it ... ;)
>
>  alberto.zin at poste.it schrieb:
>  > Hi, nice to hear that PD runs on Eeepc!
>  > Did you use apt-get to install it?
>
>  Yes you can use the debian repositories ... lots of information is here:
>  http://wiki.eeeuser.com/
>
>  LG
>  Georg

++++