[PD] delread~ [was: Re: declare]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 1 08:50:26 CEST 2008

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:
> it was just an idea... that way you will not have the problem of the one
> block delay of delread~.

First: If you sort the delread~ before the delwrite~ you will always
have one block of delay.

But anyway: Automatic sorting of delread/delwrite doesn't solve the
problem you talk about: For feedback delays you want to have the
delread before the delwrite, for non-feedback delay lines you want to
the delwrite before the delread.

Again, please read the delay chapter in Miller's book for a detailed
explanation:
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node120.html

Ciao
--