[PD] Best PD+OS/Hardware combinations for low audio latency?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Apr 1 10:18:42 CEST 2008

> So far, in Windows: I tried setting the priority to Realtime in the Task
> Manager and setting the buffer size to "smaller" in the Control Panel
> settings for the Edirol soundcard, but could only get the "delay" in
> PD's audio settings down to 40 ms. Anything below that destroys the
> sound (in a bad way).

that is a known issue ... pd is using pablio on osx and windo$, which is
unable to achieve decent latencies ... the devel_ branch contained a
workaround for that, not sure about the recent vanilla release ...

> I'll try the linux suggestions next...

good idea, the pd's audio driver access on linux is not as broken as on
other platforms ...

tim at klingt.org
http://tim.klingt.org

Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively
verbalizing.
  William S. Burroughs