[PD] pdp_colorgrid bug

ydegoyon at free.fr ydegoyon at free.fr
Tue Apr 1 14:13:25 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey Lluis,
>
> Good to hear that you're working on these objects, they are very  valuable
contributions that with a little more polish will really  round out Pd's
capabilities.

> As for updating this, I think pdp_colorgrid is currently part of  Yves' pidip
code directories.

the new version of colorgrid doesn't need anymore
to bundle the image (colorgrid.pnm) file in the package,
but it introduces a new dependency to the tk-img library,
and i don't know of the availability of this library
on every platform,
for now i'm sure it's not listed in pd's dependencies...
not sure it's the way to go.

second, when you build pidip from source,
it defines the path to that image as :
#define COLORGRID_IMG PWD"/patches/images/colorgrid.pnm"
that insure a compiled PIDIP will find the image..

when it's build in extended, i don't know which path should be given here,
as i don't know of a standard path for shared files in pd-extended,
well, basically the simplest thing is to put the right path here in SVN,
and pidip will keep its way of compiling it.

saludos,
sevy