[PD] PD and new ASUS and Everex mini laptops: experiences?

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Wed Apr 2 16:38:50 CEST 2008

Hallo!

> Official repository don't provide puredata. Old version (0.39) could
> be found in Etch repository.

Yes an old version is also in the Xandros repositories ...
However, I also compiled pd from source now.

And it really runs quite nice - one of my performance patches with
arduino interface uses about 20% (some synths, samples and effects) and
also without dropouts when switching windows etc.
However, I didn't test the latency so far ...

So it's really nice for simple audio things, especially if you have some
other interfaces and don't want to show your big computer ... ;)

LG
Georg