[PD] CRAZY! mcdvd_32.dll

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:51:25 CEST 2008

> > So what is mcdvd_32.dll?
>
> MainConcept DV Codec according to

Yeah sorry, it was kinda stupid of me to ask that question to the list
rather than to google.

> I am not sure, but try moving the dll out of the way,

I removed it and it work. It wasn't easy though; I tried to uninstall
it politely in the "video codecs" panel of Windows' Device Manager...
but it just wouldn't disappear. So I deleted it manually, and even if
according to Windows it is still in the codecs list, GEM now works
fine.

At first I thought the file was magically regenerating itself, since
after deleting it it and searching it would still be found... but then
I realized it was found in the Trash.

Thanks
m.