[PD] Hidden folders in PD open/save dialog

danomatika danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 23:30:41 CEST 2008

Sorry.

> set ::tk::dialog::file::showHiddenBtn 1
> set ::tk::dialog::file::showHiddenVar 0

This doesn't work, but the code from my test script does.  I inserted it
after the Pd-Extended font hacks, around line 42.

<code>

# begin hack to hide hidden files/folder in tk browser on unix
----------
if {$pd_nt == 0} {
    # load the dialog once, otherwise setting the vars will not work
    catch {tk_getOpenFile -with-invalid-argument}

    # change the environment variables
    namespace eval ::tk::dialog::file {
    variable showHiddenBtn 1
    variable showHiddenVar 0
    }
}
# end hidden files/folder hack ------------------

</code>

Now open/save/saveas dialogs hide hidden files and show the toggle
button.  Awesome!  Ok, I assume I might as well open a dev account
somewhere are add this as a patch?

Someone else try this in Linux.

--
Dan Wilcox