[PD] transparency in models

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 15:21:38 CEST 2008

but I have the impression that some program manage to solve that
problem. I am not sure how, but if there is a solution, then it should
also be possible to use it in gem.
often I am not sure if people are talking about single objects or
secenes. but afaik it has something to do with a z-buffer, like it would
be possible to render the obj coordinates from the camera viewpoint into
a special alpha channel/buffer and then use that information to define
the renderorder for the texture. but not sure at all, if this is my
fantasy or if that is really how it works. I know that shadows also se
weird buffers and viewpoint manipulations to work.
thanks roman, cyrille for your answers, I am aware of the discussions in
the archive, maybe some more talk brings us further...
marius.